Tuesday, November 6, 2012

MRI experience....


MRI or 'magnetic resonance imaging' is what an experience for a claustrophobic person like i am...it  started when i feel the numbness on my right thigh...lepas 1 week my thigh feeling numb...then, i make decision to visit my physician and he suspected that i have problems with my spine at the lumbar area and the position is L4/L5 to be specific...he suggested for me to do MRI...
so, without doubt i agreed and the machine looks exactly like the image....after changing my clothes and everything....i have informed the radiologist that i am an asthmatic and claustrophobic person so that she understands my anxiety....(mintak belas kasihan hehe....)
Nasib baik that lady sangat baik and understanding....so, they ask me to try first....once they put me into the tunnel, i can feel the anxiety...my heart was racing, palm sweating and i could NOT breathe...masa tu la wheezing and coughing...huhu....then i mintak diorang take me out....(yeah....i know, embarassing kan?) then, tomake it worse, i remember i dont have inhalers with me...it is with my husband outside...so, no choice i need to control my mind....use mind power.....after few minutes...i decided, let's do it...face the fear lah konon....
i closed my eyes and they pushed me in....selawat banyak2, baca aper ayat2 Alhamdulillah...ALLAH tolong diriku and i feel calmer and to help me channel out the fear...i started to think about the physics behind this resonance imaging and the technical part of it....that HELPS a lot....tried to be professional when i am not supposed to haha....
without realizing...30 minutes berlalu and the radiologist let me out....syukur....I survived...after tukar baju semua i have to wait for the result.....

No comments:

Post a Comment